10.2.8 gone wrong?

Comments

• Reply 81 of 154
    cant you do an archive re-install ?
  • Reply 82 of 154
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    And I was pissed that audio skips. Wow. This is the one time I updated immediately. The ONE time. Damn.
  • Reply 83 of 154
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Man, I haven't any of these problems. I'm connected via Ethernet, though to an ABS, am listening to iTunes right now, my monitor is working great, with the exception of a stuck pixel.

I feel sorry for you guys.

It also fixed a problem I was having with downloads.
  • Reply 84 of 154
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gargoyle

cant you do an archive re-install ?

I tried. Halfway through it crashed and I lost everything.
  • Reply 85 of 154
    OK...something is seriously ****ed up. I just reformatted...zeroed all data...go to install...IT CRASHES AGAIN!

WHAT

THE

****?
  • Reply 86 of 154
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Boot into OS9.

Get a new drive.
  • Reply 87 of 154
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Well this about the 3rd time I've had to restart my G4 tower Because it didn't recognize my kensington wireless mouse. It was recognized upon the third restart. This is getting old. I thought my problems were gone but they seem to crop up unexpectantly. I've noticed that seems to be a pattern among many different types of problems with this update.

Apple an update soon please!
  • Reply 88 of 154
    Quote:

Originally posted by jimmac

Well this about the 3rd time I've had to restart my G4 tower Because it didn't recognize my kensington wireless mouse. It was recognized upon the third restart. This is getting old. I thought my problems were gone but they seem to crop up unexpectantly. I've noticed that seems to be a pattern among many different types of problems with this update.

Apple an update soon please!

<cough>Panth<cough>er<cough>

Pleeeease! m.
  • Reply 89 of 154
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

Boot into OS9.

Get a new drive.

Nope. Call Apple as I got this computer a week ago. Take it to Apple Authorized Repair Facility.
  • Reply 90 of 154
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Nope. Call Apple as I got this computer a week ago. Take it to Apple Authorized Repair Facility.

Yeah, that should work too.
  • Reply 91 of 154
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    So should apple pay damages in some way, having f**ked up peoples macs?
  • Reply 92 of 154
    Yes but why is everyone so hard on them just because they are usually perfect? What about any release of Windows ever?

The freakin virus disabled the damn WASHING machines in my dorm because of the payment system for a month.
  • Reply 93 of 154
    my battery dropped from just under 2hrs to about 50minutes a charge after the update. ouch!
  • Reply 94 of 154
    hehe, I demand panther for free!!!
  • Reply 95 of 154
    When the network is busy audio skips more then once every second. Fscking annoying.
  • Reply 96 of 154
    I am so shocked and dissapointed concerning this update. I downloaded it immediately after it came out and thought it was ok. Everything seemed to be working fine. All of a sudden while watching the new Matrix preview... Quicktime freezes. I restart the preview freezes again. Download the file to disk... freezes again. Restart... the computer freezes. THE COLONEL VISITS. Hasn't happened in forever. And I get the COLONEL. I want a fix soon... please.
  • Reply 97 of 154
    God I hate that guy. And his bow tie. And glasses. And chicken.
  • Reply 98 of 154
    its been a week now we need a fix now!!!!!!!! They should of had a fix out last week. I'm really pissed at them. Where is the fix apple!!!! You've had a whole week. It better come out today...
  • Reply 99 of 154
    Yes it should come out today but I would rather they take an extra day then rush another update.
  • Reply 100 of 154
    One of the cool new things in 10.2.8 is the much improved bluetooth support, whats not so cool about it is that connecting to my t68i with the sallinger clicker makes the whole system stall... Even safari falls down to snail-speed for several seconds at a time.