Does Drudge Have No Shame?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.drudgereport.com/

Of course, by the time many of you click on the link above, Drudge will have cycled through to a new headline. Now, I'll set me my support for Howard Dean aside for a moment and speak simply as an American.

Regardless of who won, who lost, who did better or worse than expected in Iowa. Matt Drudge has proven that he has absolutely no shame in the world of online journalism.

Most of you probably are already aware of how video works. Any event where several video cameras are rolling on a politician, you can very easily rock/roll through the video footage and pull out frame grabs that are either flattering, unflattering or make you look goofy. I can do this to anyone, with any video camera, no matter how innocuous the subject. George Bush has often been a victim of this.

Howard Dean desperately needed to re-energize his troups after a shocking third place finish in Iowa Monday night. He gave a great, rousing speech that had his supporters in a frezy. He reminded everyone that this was but one stop along the way.

What does Drudge do? He intentionally picks photos and frame grabs for video feeds that show Dean in an extremely unflattering light. Teeth gnarled. Fingers pointing. But, regardless of where you sit on the political fence, to take cheap shots at a candidate while he tries to rally his base is beyond contempt.

How does Matt Drudge get away with this bullshit!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 147
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I like the last part of that mp3.

What the hell was that noise?
  • Reply 2 of 147
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i think i heard that on WWF.
  • Reply 3 of 147
    Is this guy ok?? Does he need some medication?

It is not Drudge I am worried about here.

Fellows
  • Reply 4 of 147
    I don't think there's anything wrong with Dean, I'm sure he's fine. There's a fine line between "energizing the power base" and "three minutes hate", but he doesn't seem to have crossed it.

If that's the worst Drudge can do then Dean doesn't have much to worry about.
  • Reply 5 of 147
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Context, people. Context.

Apparently that means nothing around here.
  • Reply 6 of 147
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    I know I know . . . context and all that . . . but its pretty darn funny!!!!

that yell at the end is over-the-top!!
  • Reply 7 of 147
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

I know I know . . . context and all that . . . but its pretty darn funny!!!!

that yell at the end is over-the-top!!

It is something... not sure what it is.

But This is also over the top.

Fellows
  • Reply 8 of 147
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

i think i heard that on WWF.

• Reply 9 of 147
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Northgate

Context, people. Context.

Apparently that means nothing around here.

I don't see how context can clear up "Reeaaaaaarrrrghhhh!!"

How does context make Steve Ballmer look any less ridiculous when he's sweatily bouncing around and screaming on-stage at a developer conference for example?
  • Reply 10 of 147
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    That's hilarious.
  • Reply 11 of 147
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Oh, the original full clip was even funnier.

Dean's definitely a showman. Not sure sometimes who he's showing off *for*, but he's good at getting attention.
  • Reply 12 of 147
    as a dean supporter i loved it!

think of it as a coach pumping up his team at halftime... thats the context to see it in. heck when he got done with that speech i felt like we won in iowa!

---

Dean Arrives in New Hampshire!

It was something else to see the stunned look on the staff and press as they entered the hangar to be greeted by a sea of people waving inflatable bats-- and another thing altogether to hear the roar of appreciation when the Governor finally entered and took the stage.

The feeling was euphoric. Off to one side a sign read "Welcome Home, Howard!" And the crowd chanted and stomped, interupting the Governor with shouts and inflatable-bat applause:

"It sure is good to be back in New Hampshire!"

(Roar of approval.)

"We went to Iowa as the frontrunner, it's true. But New Hampshire has a tradition of electing the underdog. And eight days from today, you're going to do just that."

(The blue signs go up and the bats go crazy.)

"Nobody said it was going to be easy. It shouldn't be easy. Taking on the corporate special interests and George Bush isn't easy. But we're going to win."

And we will win. Dean spoke of the need to eliminate the deficit that is a result of Bush's "credit-card presidency." He spoke of the need to put the people back in power and defeat the special interests. And he spoke of a better America and a sound energy policy based on "renewables, renewables, renewables."

He left to a chanting and cheering hangar full of supporters-- and then Joan Jett took the stage while an exhausted-looking press corps wearily sat down to file their stories.

http://www.blogforamerica.com/
  • Reply 13 of 147
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Of course, by the time many of you click on the link above, Drudge will have cycled through to a new headline. Now, I'll set me my support for Howard Dean aside for a moment and speak simply as an American.

Regardless of who won, who lost, who did better or worse than expected in Iowa. Matt Drudge has proven that he has absolutely no shame in the world of online journalism.

Most of you probably are already aware of how video works. Any event where several video cameras are rolling on a politician, you can very easily rock/roll through the video footage and pull out frame grabs that are either flattering, unflattering or make you look goofy. I can do this to anyone, with any video camera, no matter how innocuous the subject. George Bush has often been a victim of this.

Howard Dean desperately needed to re-energize his troups after a shocking third place finish in Iowa Monday night. He gave a great, rousing speech that had his supporters in a frezy. He reminded everyone that this was but one stop along the way.

What does Drudge do? He intentionally picks photos and frame grabs for video feeds that show Dean in an extremely unflattering light. Teeth gnarled. Fingers pointing. But, regardless of where you sit on the political fence, to take cheap shots at a candidate while he tries to rally his base is beyond contempt.

Yeah what Drudge and other media outlets should really do is wait around for a verbal flub or spend time discussing how someone is going to pronounce a word. That would be so much more professional and on task.

Nick
  • Reply 14 of 147
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Yeah what Drudge and other media outlets should really do is wait around for a verbal flub or spend time discussing how someone is going to pronounce a word. That would be so much more professional and on task.

Nick

We're just having a little harmless fun at President Bush's expense. No professionalism by any means.
  • Reply 15 of 147
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Calling the Drudge Report "journalism" is stretching it, isn't it?
  • Reply 16 of 147
    Just saw the actual video clip of him saying it... and it was nothing. He was almost smiling.
  • Reply 17 of 147
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

*snip*

The First Amendment of the Consititution.

I thought zat it vas pretty entertainink meinself. Zose arm gestures... vhere und vhen haff I seen zose before? Und der list of der To Be Conquered Territories.... Vhere oh Vhere?

Aries Ein Bee
  • Reply 18 of 147
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

We're just having a little harmless fun at President Bush's expense. No professionalism by any means.

Da Professionals

Nick
  • Reply 19 of 147
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Northgate get over yourself. If Drudge were posting Bush Monkey pictures you'd be here praising him for coming around (or some such nonsence).
  • Reply 20 of 147
    I saw the entire clip on CNN long before I saw Drudge's take. I thought the same thing. He WAS whacked. That said, I give Dean some leeway. He took a hard punch last night. Not surprising he'd be off his game.

edit: spelling