mactrippermactripper Posts: 1,328member
  • Reply 22 of 162
    eh270eh270 Posts: 60member
    apple ii gs > apple 3 gs
  • Reply 23 of 162
    msnlymsnly Posts: 378member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bwik View Post

Finally, a telephone that can edit video, fold proteins and find a cure for cancer, while it gives YOU cancer! As with all religions, the iPhone is the cause of, and solution to all your problems.

*Gets on ground and begins to pray in the direction of Cupertino.*

• Reply 24 of 162
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but I was just wondering where I could watch the live stream of WWDC 2009?

Thanks
  • Reply 25 of 162
    alecthekingalectheking Posts: 206member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jarroyo1031 View Post

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I was just wondering where I could watch the live stream of WWDC 2009?

Thanks

No such thing I believe. You can read live updates though, thats what I'll be doing.
  • Reply 26 of 162
    wayfarerwayfarer Posts: 21member
    condolences. to make this relevant, was this allegedly taken by the new iphone?
  • Reply 27 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

So the next iPhone that comes out with faster processor, more RAM, will be called the iPhone 3GSS, the SS standing for "Super Sonic"!

Apple should just designate it the iPhone. Why change Apple's simplicity for naming it's products like iMac. It gets improved, still called the iMac! Same for MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac Mini, and Power Mac.

Don't need an HP scheme like they have for the HP Pavilion Elite m9500z series, HP Pavilion Elite m9500t series, HP Pavilion Elite d5200t ATX series, or HP Pavilion Elite m9600t series.

Haha. I was trying to find my friend a new battery for his HP and it was impossible not only to figure out what model he had, but to find the exact battery for his HP Pavilion dv6000 CTO Elite

BTW, we're past the Power Mac (on the Mac Pro)
  • Reply 28 of 162
    where can you find live updates from wwdc?

many thanks!
  • Reply 29 of 162
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post

FINALLY!

VIDEO.

Something every phone has been able to do since 2005.

Now the GF and I can get back to taking videos.

How many of those videos taken on a cell phone are watchable?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sennen View Post

it's called a hand. comes free for 99.99% of the population.

Come on now, really? You can't see how that's not always a convenient or optimal system? Not to mention, usually not very stable? Tripods are made and used for a reason.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eh270 View Post

apple ii gs > apple 3 gs

Flash from the past. Though the name sounds a little awkward and not like what Apple does.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alectheking View Post

No such thing I believe. You can read live updates though, thats what I'll be doing.

Apple hasn't had a public live even stream in maybe five years. It also used to be that it was broadcast on an occasional video satellite channel, anyone with the right equipment can pick it up, but I think they did away with that too.
  • Reply 30 of 162
    Check this link:

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment....5&d=1244312440

If they release this tomorrow i will run 20 miles to my nearest Apple Store !!!
  • Reply 31 of 162
    mactrippermactripper Posts: 1,328member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post

condolences. to make this relevant, was this allegedly taken by the new iphone?

That would be something for sure!

Thai's love the iPhone and are waiting for the next release.

(Ok, moderator I see. Will behave.)
  • Reply 32 of 162
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skate71290 View Post

Check this link:

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment....5&d=1244312440

If they release this tomorrow i will run 20 miles to my nearest Apple Store !!!

That looks interesting, but it doesn't seem quite right.

Also, I would hope that Apple changes that vibrate enable switch. It's so easy to accidentally toggle. I think it should be more like the hold switches on some of their older iPods, I can't say I've ever accidentally toggled those switches.
  • Reply 33 of 162
    drjjonesdrjjones Posts: 162member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by swirlygirl View Post

many thanks!

macworld does updates
  • Reply 34 of 162
    overover Posts: 1member
    I'm just sick that this story/forum thread is at the top of Google News.

I really wish I believed that Hell existed, because that's the appropriate place for people who think what Apple does is newsworthy.
  • Reply 35 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by swirlygirl View Post

many thanks!

I usually go through digg.com and categorize it into only Apple through the technology menu. There you can find live updates, or just Google. Shouldn't be to hard there is usually tons of different reporters covering these Apple events, and this one WILL be big!
  • Reply 36 of 162
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

So the next iPhone that comes out with faster processor, more RAM, will be called the iPhone 3GSS, the SS standing for "Super Sonic"!

Apple should just designate it the iPhone. Why change Apple's simplicity for naming it's products like iMac. It gets improved, still called the iMac! Same for MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac Mini, and Power Mac.

Don't need an HP scheme like they have for the HP Pavilion Elite m9500z series, HP Pavilion Elite m9500t series, HP Pavilion Elite d5200t ATX series, or HP Pavilion Elite m9600t series.

I don't know about that. HP needs all those names because they are selling them all at the same time (along with a few dozen other models).

With Apple, they keep a slim lineup so there is less confusion. Still, every new model has its identifiers, even if the general public isn't aware of it. So the 3GS might be the identifier, but to 95% of the buyers, it will the the "iPhone" with maybe the MB count to identify it.

For example, I am typing this on a 15" PowerBook. But if I need a part, it is a 15" Titanium PowerBook G4 1GHz.
  • Reply 36 of 162
    Leave then.
  • Reply 38 of 162
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    When Apple do something they do it right, so if this new iPhone is all about video, it will be the videoingest phone of them all. We will all know in 16hrs.
  • Reply 39 of 162
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by over View Post

I'm just sick that this story/forum thread is at the top of Google News.

I really wish I believed that Hell existed, because that's the appropriate place for people who think what Apple does is newsworthy.

I'm just sick that you will never log back on to see all my tongues sticking out at you...

• Reply 40 of 162
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alectheking View Post

I usually go through digg.com and categorize it into only Apple through the technology menu. There you can find live updates, or just Google. Shouldn't be to hard there is usually tons of different reporters covering these Apple events, and this one WILL be big!

I like Engadgets live updates. Have been using them for years. They are very fast and do it in reverse order so the new stuff is at the top. I also try to find a slower one that have larger, better resolution images and more thorough text of the presentation, too, though Engadget is where I?ll usually reside as they never seem to have server issues.