Sprint counters Verizon iPhone 4 with dual-screen Android phone

Comments

• Reply 61 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by quinney View Post

I'm not buying one until they put tail fins on it.

I agree. And perhaps dual rear view mirrors.
  • Reply 62 of 171
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

How can you be certain that it isn't you who's biased?

Right here, you are literally talking out of your ass trying to find reasons to like this thing, all based on opinion and assumptions alone. Why? Oh because Apple didn't make it.

See how that works?

And, regarding the 2% vs. 16% return rate, it's quite likely that the analysis at the link below is correct and that both numbers are technically correct, depending on what it's a percentage of:

http://twistedmelon.com/blog/feb2011.html#02031101

Samsung has clearly been spinning numbers, and is always quoting numbers shipped to vendors. not sales, so it's almost certain that their return numbers are also based on that. So, what's most likely, and what is the least biased, most rational, conclusion, based on what we know about shipments vs. sales and Samsung's previous reporting of numbers is that it's 2% and 16%, depending on what it's a percent of.

Except I'm NOT. I clearly used the word "gimmicky" as the first comment of this thread. I'm pointing out how immediately, without really knowing anything, you dismiss this thing. Oh well, who really cares? This is the kind of bullshit opinion to expect from people around here. I don't know why I'm wasting my time.

As to the return rate, believe what you want. I'm just saying, AI never followed up on it while places like engadget did.
  • Reply 63 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

Tell me again, who died and made you God?

Seriously?
  • Reply 64 of 171
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Except I'm NOT. I clearly used the word "gimmicky" as the first comment of this thread. I'm pointing out how immediately, without really knowing anything, you dismiss this thing. Oh well, who really cares? This is the kind of bullshit opinion to expect from people around here. I don't know why I'm wasting my time.

As to the return rate, believe what you want. I'm just saying, AI never followed up on it while places like engadget did.

Sounds like you are thinking of leaving us?
  • Reply 65 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xSamplex View Post

Slick. And you fanbois know it...

Haha are you serious? ...oh god, I think he's serious.
  • Reply 66 of 171
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    Quote:

AI is the equivalent of Fox News with Apple related news. Did we ever get a follow up on that INCORRECT 16% return rate for the galaxy tab? Turns out it was only 2%, and every other tech news site I visit DID follow up. Not here. Not at Fox Ne--- I mean, Apple Insider.

Well the fact is, neither of those numbers were wrong.

Samsung claims only 2% return rate, which is a return to manufacture rate.

Some other firm did a study that showed that 16% of customers were returning the devices back to the carrier / retail outlet. Those that are not defective, do not go back to Samsung; they get repackaged and resold/discounted or are used for warranty replacements.

Why is that difficult to understand?
  • Reply 67 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Sounds like you are thinking of leaving us?

I've said this plenty of times: If you don't like what I have to say, put me on your ignore list.
  • Reply 68 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mjtomlin View Post

Well the fact is, neither of those numbers were wrong.

Samsung claims only 2% return rate, which is a return to manufacture rate.

Some other firm did a study that showed that 16% of customers were returning the devices back to the carrier / retail outlet. Those that are not defective, do not go back to Samsung; they get repackaged and resold/discounted or are used for warranty replacements.

Why is that difficult to understand?

Following on from your excellent explanation to the hard of hearing ... It seems to me that the return to the retail level, i.e. the 16% is far worse for Samsung as it is people voting with their feet so to speak. The 2% is simply the faulty or damaged equipment which is probably about the norm for the industry (although I suspect high for Apple).
  • Reply 69 of 171
    dishdish Posts: 64member
    2 words, one question mark:

Battery life ?
  • Reply 70 of 171
    Quote:

You're pretty funny, even if totally lacking in self-awareness. But, yes, I agree, most of your posts are a waste of time.

As to the return rate, the issue isn't what anyone wants to believe, the issue is, what explains the apparent discrepancy in the numbers? If you weren't so biased, you might actually be able to see that there's a pretty simple explanation that fits the known facts pretty well.
  • Reply 71 of 171
    Quote:

I've said this plenty of times: If you don't like what I have to say, put me on your ignore list.

You have said this to me? Sorry I missed that. Nooo, I enjoy the banter and you'd only get quoted anyway

p.s. I reserve the ban list for the many incarnations of you know who!
  • Reply 72 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Just days before Verizon and Apple are set to begin general sales of the iPhone 4, Sprint has countered by unveiling an exclusive new Android-powered dual-touchscreen smartphone from Kyocera, a unique device touted as an "i ][/url][/c]

How thick is this thing? I noticed the demo video was very careful to not show a shot of the thickness when folded together.
  • Reply 73 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

You're pretty funny, even if totally lacking in self-awareness. But, yes, I agree, most of your posts are a waste of time.

As to the return rate, the issue isn't what anyone wants to believe, the issue is, what explains the apparent discrepancy in the numbers? If you weren't so biased, you might actually be able to see that there's a pretty simple explanation that fits the known facts pretty well.

Well the funny thing is, all comments here are a waste of time. What gets accomplished?

I do learn a thing or two here and there, but other than that, you know as much as I do that this is all just light debate and if we worked together or knew each other irl, we would get along just fine
  • Reply 74 of 171
    Quote:

You have said this to me? Sorry I missed that. Nooo, I enjoy the banter and you'd only get quoted anyway

p.s. I reserve the ban list for the many incarnations of you know who!

I thought I did. But you're right, it's sort of pointless with quotes. And yes I do know who
  • Reply 75 of 171
    iliveriliver Posts: 299member
    Quote:

Well said. I wish a certain few people here realized that! The 'Please don't be so biased to Apple" comments are pretty stupid on a pure Apple blog!

Conversely. when someone (and there a more than a few on here) can't think for themselves and constantly state that everything and anything Apple does is perfect and everything else a total fail than that is both stupid and pretty pathetic.
  • Reply 76 of 171
    I give it a week before there are hinge issues. They won't ever get fixed, just either replaced or a credit given.
  • Reply 77 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iLiver View Post

Conversely. when someone (and there a more than a few on here) can't think for themselves and constantly state that everything and anything Apple does is perfect and everything else a total fail than that is both stupid and pretty pathetic.

It's actually pretty impressive that tekstud has made it to over 280 posts in his current incarnation. I think we should start a pool to guess his post count when he finally gets banned under this alias. Moderators not eligible to participate.
  • Reply 78 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xian Zhu Xuande View Post

I agree with some others. This is a very niche market sort of product. It will scoop up a small handful of people who might want this sort of thing but it isn't practical for any sort of utilitarian purpose (and what features it does have will be counter-weighed by things like battery life). It makes sense in trying to grab a small market, but it is useless as a large-scale competitor.

Precisely. In no sense will this 'counter' the Verizon iPhone 4, or any other iPhone 4. Anyone who thinks this has more than 1% of the mass-market appeal of the iP4 has their head in the clouds.

This may be an 'industry first' - but why? I'm sure it's within the capability of every major phone manufacturer to make a phone with two touchscreens. Bearing that in mind, why is it an industry first? Is it because there's no demand for it?
  • Reply 79 of 171
    I don't have anything intelligent to say about the phone, but that whole "after rebate" nonsense gets on my nerves. Just cut the damn price. Quit banking on those people that don't file for the rebate. Just ticks me off.
  • Reply 80 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iLiver View Post

Well that's life I guess. Having said that, IMHO they (we) are entitled to be biased on an all Apple blog. What is unacceptable on an all Apple blog someone being anti Apple for the sake of it. They should definitely go to a generalized tech blog or the blog of their passion. Many obviously do it to antagonize and should be banned. There is plenty of room for discussion and different opinions here and there often are between loyal Apple fans which is all to the good.

What is pathetic IMO is seeing 50% of the posts in a topic saying Apple fans shouldn't say this or that when they are simply being typically fun loving enthusiasts. Ever been to a sports game and listened to the home crowds opinions of the visiting team? Would you go amongst them and tell them off?