Apple's Schiller speaks out against Android on eve of Galaxy S4 debut

Comments

• Reply 41 of 212
    eksodoseksodos Posts: 186member

hmm

• Reply 42 of 212
    Weird when I got my nexus 4.

All i needed to do was enter my password.
    - Google already knew my email since I got it from the play store. Does apple do that.

All my music (with play music),
    all my books (play books)
    all my documents (google drive)
    all my email (gmail),
    all my apps (android apps),
    all my movies and shows (play movies and shows),
    all my magazines (play magazines)
    all my maps (google maps)
    all my videos (youtube)
    booksmarks, searches, and tabs (chrome)
    WERE WAITING FOR ME

Oh to top it all off opened google now, it had the schedule to my next class, how long it would take to get there, a buy ticket card for the movie trailer i watched on youtube, and a card to my buddy house for his birthday party the next day.

ALL of this was done with one password, i didnt even need to enter an email address.

This guy needs to shut up and lay off the crack pipe.
  • Reply 43 of 212
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

The media will put a negative spin on this of course, but I'm glad someone from Apple is finally fighting back.

Keep in mind that this is Apple we're talking about. The same people complaining that Apple should be fighting back are the same people who will now say it's beneath Apple to talk about the competition. This very thread contains some of that already. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. That's the fate of anything Apple says or does these days.

• Reply 44 of 212
    drewys808drewys808 Posts: 549member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post

Guy Kawasaki, Apple evangelist, one of the biggest apple fans uses Android. Recently on an interview he said he owns zero iOS devices. Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple uses android device. If these people believe android is superior than iOS, then I do not think Schiller and his "Internal study done by apple" doesn't have much credibility. 

2 things:

1. One might say that just proves how incredible Apple is...that both people you mentioned, despite their PERSONAL preferences, believe that Apple is still better for the masses.

2. So you think Guy and Steve are your typical mobile/computing device users? 

• Reply 45 of 212
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemicle View Post

I'm with Akleskater. The last thing someone should do is try and tell the world how much better their products are prior to a rivals launch. 9 accounts? PLEASE. Even I he was being rhetorical, it sounded foolish. Complaining about Android means he's giving them attention. I for one love apple products, but incremental improvements like thinner... Slightly bigger screen etc is lame. The competition is leaving Apple behind because apple seems to have forgotten how to innovate. My next phone is the S4

Sony Xperia Z and the HTC One seem a lot better, too bad they don't have the budget to overhype their products and reel in the punters.

Been seeing a lot of Galaxy S 2's and III's coming in for repairs lately, they just switch off, won't charge and fail to boot.

Samsung products never seem to last, they are masters of planned obsolescence.

• Reply 46 of 212
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member

- Google already knew my email since I got it from the play store. Does apple do that.

all my email (gmail),
    all my videos (youtube)
    WERE WAITING FOR ME

Oh to top it all off opened google now, it had the schedule to my next class, how long it would take to get there, a buy ticket card for the movie trailer i watched on youtube, and a card to my buddy house for his birthday party the next day.

ALL of this was done with one password, i didnt even need to enter an email address.

You honestly think that is all he was referring to in his comment about getting the same experience as with an iOS device? Really? I've already listed services I don't think Google natively supports but Apple does so I'm not going to repeat them again.
  • Reply 47 of 212
    majjomajjo Posts: 574member

all my email (gmail),
    all my videos (youtube)
    WERE WAITING FOR ME

Well I see you're quite vested into the Google ecosystem. I didn't check the 'associate my phone with my Google account' when I ordered my nexus 4; does it do anything beyond having your email already entered when you first activate?

And how did you get Google now working right out of the box? It took me a month to train mine before it really got my schedule down. Though I admit, it was able to learn my entire stock portfolio on its own (I use yahoo finance), which I found pretty amazing.
  • Reply 48 of 212
    tonyleetonylee Posts: 21member

Let see what Samsung is going to unveil tomorrow.  I bet you that it a Galaxy S4 phone with the same design as the previous Galaxy S model but with bigger specs and minor upgrade. 

And if Steve Jobs was still with us on this earth Schiller wouldn't even dare to even think about doing this stun he doing.

• Reply 49 of 212

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Yes, "citing Apple research".

He couldn't find any company in the world other than his own to back up such a claim?

So companies shouldn't do research to find out who is switching away from them or why?

Stop the presses, the word is ending.

• Reply 50 of 212
    solipsismx wrote: »
    You seem to only be mentioning the ones that Apple doesn't also have? Doesn't Samsung have their own music? What about an iMessage-like service? How about a Find My Android-like service? What about a Reading List-like service? What about an iCloud Tabs-like service? What about a Reminders*-like service?

Then there is gauging the service quality to make it on par with Apple's service. Is Google's music service as good as Apple's so you don't need a 2nd option to make it equal? Does a Find My Android-like service have the ability to do more than just find the device, but can also lock it, send a sound, message and erase it?

* Gmail has a notes and calendar service but I'm not so sure about it having a proper option for Reminders.
    _________

Google music is better than itunes
    chrome has better syncing than safari

android does not have fine my phone or imessage

apple also doesnt have something like google now, or automatic app updates.

He was lying or was high.
  • Reply 51 of 212
    majjo wrote: »
    Well I see you're quite vested into the Google ecosystem. I didn't check the 'associate my phone with my Google account' when I ordered my nexus 4; does it do anything beyond having your email already entered when you first activate?

And how did you get Google now working right out of the box? It took me a month to train mine before it really got my schedule down. Though I admit, it was able to learn my entire stock portfolio on its own (I use yahoo finance), which I found pretty amazing.

Already had my home and school (which is also where I work) address listed on my google maps web app.
  • Reply 52 of 212

hmm

• Reply 53 of 212

Quote:

Originally Posted by eksodos View Post

You don't even need to sign up for Dropbox for document sharing. Google Documents does it just fine under that single Google account.

And Google has a bookstore under the single Google account just as Apple does. :)

I guess it's Samsung's (and HTC's) way of distancing themselves from Google, log in on some Samsung phones and you get 48GB extra free for two years, HTC it's 23GB extra.

Samsung phone's also come with Navigon in some countries, although why they need an alternative to the oh so perfect Google Maps is beyond me.

Then there's Picassa and Google's constant demands to join Google +

• Reply 54 of 212
    mars123mars123 Posts: 26member

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewys808 View Post

2 things:

1. One might say that just proves how incredible Apple is...that both people you mentioned, despite their PERSONAL preferences, believe that Apple is still better for the masses.

What???? They left iOS for android and that proves iOS is better? How does these two previous Apple employees/fans switching to android make iOS seem more superior? and what does this have to do with which one is better for the masses? 

• Reply 55 of 212
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    You seem to only be mentioning the ones that Apple doesn't also have? Doesn't Samsung have their own music? What about an iMessage-like service? How about a Find My Android-like service? What about a Reading List-like service? What about an iCloud Tabs-like service? What about a Reminders*-like service?

Then there is gauging the service quality to make it on par with Apple's service. Is Google's music service as good as Apple's so you don't need a 2nd option to make it equal? Does a Find My Android-like service have the ability to do more than just find the device, but can also lock it, send a sound, message and erase it?

* Gmail has a notes and calendar service but I'm not so sure about it having a proper option for Reminders.

iMessage-like service-Google Voice, not exactly the same but it's free and works across multiple devices

iCloud Tabs-Chrome allows tab syncing across devices

Reading List- Browser allows to save pages

Reminders-yes but not as functional

Reading List Find My Android- not natively

So while the experience isn't identical it's getting closer and closer.
  • Reply 56 of 212

hmm

• Reply 57 of 212
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member

While he may be right, I've had every iPhone since the first one and my iPhone 5 is boring. I'm bored.

• Reply 58 of 212
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 59 of 212
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 60 of 212
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member

Quote:

Originally Posted by igriv View Post

... I have an Android Kindle, and I did not have to sign up with anyone. ...

There's no such thing as an "Android Kindle".