No new PowerMacs until March?

Comments

• Reply 61 of 230
    whoamiwhoami Posts: 301member
    Quote:

Originally posted by concentricity

the promo ends Feb 28th...how about new G5's on Feb 29th?! you know, a major leap in performance for leap year.

i would love for this to be true!!

good call!
  • Reply 62 of 230
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Do you guys really believe the rumor sites that claim no macs in Feb? I'm not saying they are wrong... but what are they basing that off of? Its looking pretty obvious that Apple won't be releasing the pm's this month... but that quote was projected in the middle of the month... isn't that weird

The dual 2ghz g5's are the last powermacs to be released... yes thats the nightmare I keep having... waking up in a cold sweat... that i'd be on Windows forever (there isn't a crying face)
  • Reply 63 of 230
    As we all continue to desperately clutch at straws, here is some more ?offer? related food for thought that does not make happy reading. Apple UK has recently added this little gem for us ?professionals?.

?Between February 16th and April 15th, 2004, professional customers based in the UK can lease any Power Mac, PowerBook, Xserve, Xserve RAID or Apple Display over a 24-month period and we will waive the first payment, making the sum of the 23 monthly lease rentals payable during the primary lease term less than the cash price.?

Read the rest here ?

http://www.apple.com/uk/promo/leasingoffer/

Make of it what you will, but this looks like a long wait until a major Summer ?O4 showcase keynote with Rev B PowerMacs, New Displays, and more.

On the other hand, this could be a stock clearing promo in which case we could see new 3GHZ G5?s and 30? Cinema Screens today!!! (said with extreeeeeme sarcasm ? no flaming!)

I don?t know what to think anymore, im going to put myself into cryogenic sleep until Steve gets out his announcement turtle neck.
  • Reply 64 of 230
    Quote:

Originally posted by JCG

His signature is a quote from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, I assume it is a joke not a serious comment.

Sorry for any offence caused. It was genuinely meant to be funny.

Oh, and I stand corrected about the .com issue too. I understand the issue it was refering to now.

GRIM REAPER:

Be quiet! Englishmen, you're all so f***ing pompous, and none of you have got any balls. - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life.
  • Reply 65 of 230
    Quote:

Originally posted by mecha

As we all continue to desperately clutch at straws, here is some more ?offer? related food for thought that does not make happy reading. Apple UK has recently added this little gem for us ?professionals?.

?Between February 16th and April 15th, 2004, professional customers based in the UK can lease any Power Mac, PowerBook, Xserve, Xserve RAID or Apple Display over a 24-month period and we will waive the first payment, making the sum of the 23 monthly lease rentals payable during the primary lease term less than the cash price.?

Read the rest here ?

Make of it what you will, but this looks like a long wait until a major Summer ?O4 showcase keynote with Rev B PowerMacs, New Displays, and more.

On the other hand, this could be a stock clearing promo in which case we could see new 3GHZ G5?s and 30? Cinema Screens today!!! (said with extreeeeeme sarcasm ? no flaming!)

I don?t know what to think anymore, im going to put myself into cryogenic sleep until Steve gets out his announcement turtle neck.

The only positive spin I can put on this is that it includes the new Xserve, so maybe Apple's intent is to also include the new PowerMac (coming any day now to a store near you...).
  • Reply 66 of 230
    slssls Posts: 51member
    Steve Jobs' birthday today! I can't think of any better way to celebrate it than to release rev Power Macs. And it's the 24th today on a TUESDAY

My guess: 2nd of March. Things have quiet down around the iPod mini and Pepsi/iTunes promo.

Anyone else?

And what configurations are you expecting? All dual? Dual 2, 2.3 and 2.5 GHz?
  • Reply 67 of 230
    The biggest issue I have with us waiting until August for new g5's is the fact that g5's are getting big discounts and freebies with it now... Here is a price comparison... notice 4 places are offering the PM g5 under $2900...

MacRumors PriceComparison

Who knows at this point. Whats interesting is they haven't released any promos in the U.S.?? I"m really confused at this point because it seems every other continent has a promo going... weird eh?

My predictions for release...

single 2ghz (130nm)

Dual 2.2ghz (130nm)

Dual 2.5ghz (90nm)

Quote:

Read the rest here ?

• Reply 68 of 230
    Dangit!!!

I want my G5 PowerMac update !!!

I sold my laptop back in January and figured I'd have a new Mac by now!!!

Hurry up apple... release my PowerMac Rev.B
  • Reply 69 of 230
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dr_Holistic

Dangit!!!

I want my G5 PowerMac update !!!

I sold my laptop back in January and figured I'd have a new Mac by now!!!

Hurry up apple... release my PowerMac Rev.B

LOL!!! How many of us did that... we should have a forum on that...

I'd be willing to bet most of us coming on this forum every day sold our fastest mac hoping to get a Rev B powermac...

I'm down for 1 vote of selling for new power mac and being macless
  • Reply 70 of 230
    Yup!

I had a very respectable DELL machine which I sold in December in anticipation of my switch to Apple. I am now working of my "toy" (a Sony PCG-Z1RMP) which despite being shiny silver and very sexy, is no Rev B PowerMac with Cinema Screen.

I wish I never found out about these forums...I would have a three month old Dual 2gz G5 with 23" HD Cinema Screen now, with one of these on my face!!

As it is...... I have this face -
  • Reply 71 of 230
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:

They better be announced by the end of March and they better be shipping within two weeks! I'm getting tired of waiting and I've been waiting for almost 2 months.

The world quakes ar Leonard's wrath!
  • Reply 72 of 230
    Quote:

Yup!

I had a very respectable DELL machine which I sold in December in anticipation of my switch to Apple. I am now working of my "toy" (a Sony PCG-Z1RMP) which despite being shiny silver and very sexy, is no Rev B PowerMac with Cinema Screen.

I wish I never found out about these forums...I would have a three month old Dual 2gz G5 with 23" HD Cinema Screen now, with one of these on my face!!

As it is...... I have this face -

Hey mecha... I'm sure you'll have one of these on your face when you're laffing at all of your peecee friends when you get your new dual 2.5 g5

It'll come ... just wait. Ever hear the phrase... the longer you wait.. the more its worth when you get it...

I'm sure we'll be happy kidz when they come out.
  • Reply 73 of 230
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by emig647

laffing

• Reply 74 of 230
    Quote:

Originally posted by emig647

single 2ghz (130nm)

Dual 2.2ghz (130nm)

Dual 2.5ghz (90nm)

that would be stupid after all the R & D to only have one model on the 90nm... i say at best, only the low end will be on the 130, but i bet the whole line will be 90.
  • Reply 75 of 230
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac:

Quote:

Originally posted by emig647:

single 2ghz (130nm)

Dual 2.2ghz (130nm)

Dual 2.5ghz (90nm)

that would be stupid after all the R & D to only have one model on the 90nm... i say at best, only the low end will be on the 130, but i bet the whole line will be 90.

The only reasons I could think to retain a 130 nm part in the product line at all would be if (a) it is cheaper (unlikely given die size), or (b) they need to dump a bunch of stockpiled parts. The latter scenario seems more likely, though I don't know if it's really probable.

Makes you wonder, though, about the incredibly short lifetime of the original 970. The 970FX would seem to improve on the 970 in every way. Who will buy the 970's now? Will they discontinue it, or put it on the "not recommended for new designs" list? Perhaps IBM will dump off its remaining stock at steep discounts, in which case a few might find their way into Apple products (but only until they run out, after which the 970FX will be substituted.)

Kind of an interesting question, at least to me.
  • Reply 76 of 230
    Ok, this may sound stupid but I can imagine Apple doing something similar to this. If next tuesday would be the release date for PowerMacs Apple's front page would read "Super Tuesday" or something, considering the Democratic primarys. Just a thought.

PowerMac updates next Tuesday: Super Tuesday?
  • Reply 77 of 230
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

Ok, this may sound stupid but I can imagine Apple doing something similar to this. If next tuesday would be the release date for PowerMacs Apple's front page would read "Super Tuesday" or something, considering the Democratic primarys. Just a thought.

i'll be a happy guy if there are new pmacs on tuesday
  • Reply 78 of 230
    we're becoming a desperate group around here! hehehe
  • Reply 79 of 230
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

it'll be more like "Tuesday Pro" or "Tuesday Express"
  • Reply 80 of 230
    Edit: deleted all. sorry, no humour.\